• +61 7 5606 8101

Frequently Asked Questions

Read some of the frequently asked questions, you might find your answer here.

If you don't find the answer to your question, please click on the following link contact us.

We have an intake every month, which essentially means you can start anytime, depending on the qualification. To find out more about the start date for the qualification you're interested in, contact one of our friendly staff at +61 7 5606 8101 or go to our contact us page and send us a question, we'll get back to you within 1 working day..

You cannot work until you have commenced your course in Australia. Once your course has commenced you are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session, and unlimited hours when your course is not in session.

  • Work that is a formal registered part of your course is not included in the limit of 40 hours per fortnight.
  • If you are doing voluntary, unpaid work, it is not included in the limit of 40 hours per fortnight if it::
    • is of benefit to the community
    • is for a non-profit organisation
    • would not otherwise be undertaken in return for wages by an Australian resident (that is, it is a designated volunteer position), and
    • is genuinely voluntary (that is, no remuneration, either in cash or kind is received—board and lodging acceptable).
  • If you are a subclass 574 (Postgraduate research sector) student visa holder and you have commenced your masters by research or doctoral degree in Australia, there is no limit on the number of hours you may work.
  • You can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during any preliminary courses you undertake on a subclass 574 (Postgraduate research sector) student visa.

For more information, please visit http://www.immi.gov.au/students/students/working_while_studying/

Yes, Our courses are nationally recognised qualifications. Also, our highly experienced trainers and staff members will provide you with the best possible support throughout the duration of your course. Upon successful completion of your course, you will be provided with assistance on how to:

  • Look for a job
  • Prepare your application
  • Write a cover letter
  • Apply for a job

Our qualifications are recognised by employers Australia-wide.
The Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high quality training and assessment services for Registered Training Organisations (RTO).

Yes, Riverton is a registered training organisation and our national provider number is: 41061.

You need a USI BEFORE we can issue you with your qualification or Statement of Attainment.

From 1st January, 2015 new legislation by the Australian Government advised that each person undertaking nationally recognised training are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) which must be collected and verified by the training organisation before issuing a Qualification or Statement of Attainment.

When you enrol with us, our friendly administrative staff will contact you and guide you through the process of obtaining a USI. Please ensure you have at least one of the following forms of ID:

  • Australian Drivers Licence
  • Passport
  • Visa, if applicable

There are no charges for this service.

Download the course catalogue PDF!

Our goal is to ensure that every student gets the information they need. Please click on Download PDF below to get a copy of the brochure.


Our Industry Partners